Thursday, May 8, 2014

My week of radon... we survived

In case you were wondering, my radon class was A BLAST.  I mean... absolutely no question, right?  5 whole days of learning exactly how radon can make you sick, the stats about radon making you sick, and then learning all the challenges about mitigating radon really made me feel like living in a tent outside.  But I don't like camping in the rain, so I decided that wasn't a good idea.

Let me just say this... TEST YOUR HOUSE FOR RADON!!

If you want to know how to do this, send me an e-mail or leave a comment.  There are a couple of different ways to test for it and depending on the test, the time of year, and how long you are willing to wait for an answer, you can get different answers.

ANYWAY...

Besides sitting in a cold classroom for 5 days, I also got to drive in traffic for 2 hours each day.  And what really made it so much better was that I didn't get to hang out with Henry in the morning.  Not only did I miss him, but since I usually nurse him before he goes to daycare, it posed an additional challenge.

I ended up having to wake up at 4:50 in the morning every day so I could pump, shower, get ready, and get out the door by 6:15 every day.  What is really weird to me is that I haven't been able to get up before 6:20 any day this week.  Funny how that works out.

We survived the week.  I have to say it wasn't nearly as bad as Phil and I thought it was going to be.  And I think that was largely because I had made all that food ahead of time.  We had time to hang out, eat, do the 3 dishes we generated from dinner, and pack everything up for the next day with enough time that I still got to hang out with Phil after Henry went to sleep.

And it helped that Phil sent me pictures of Henry every morning.

{They might be blurry, but I don't care.  Too cute}

Being a working momma is hard.

1 comment:

  1. you are doing a brilliant job, being a working momma!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary