Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Domingo

I spent most of yesterday in a funk.

I'm not sure what caused it exactly.  It could have been the fact that it was New Year's Day and I kind of hate New Years.  Or it could be that I had 4 days off and knew I would be going back to work the next day.  But honestly, I blame the weird dream I had the night before.

I dreamt I had had the baby, only he was born like 9 months old and Hispanic.  Phil had left (probably because I had had a Hispanic baby) and I was back living with my parents, in my old room.  I had named my Hispanic 9-month old "Domingo" (I have no idea where that came from) and was doing an awful job mothering him.  I had only fed him twice in one day and had let him slowly slip from my lap and fall on the floor.

I woke up very confused and actually had to convince myself that there was NO POSSIBLE WAY any part of that dream could be real.  There was NO CHANCE I could be having a Hispanic baby.  NO WAY it would be born 9 months old.  And ABSOLUTELY NO POSSIBILITY we would be naming him Domingo.  Phil also reassured me when I woke him up to tell him my dream that he wouldn't be leaving us.

Plus I slept like absolute garbage when I wasn't dreaming about Baby Domingo.

I was finally able to shake the bad feeling at about 8 o'clock at night.  About an hour before I would be heading to bed.  Poor Phil.

The good news is that I woke up today feeling much better.  The funk was gone and I'm feeling optimistic and energized.  And that's a much better way to head to work than in a funk.

But I'm not sure which dream was weirder, this one or the one with the flexing Asians?  This is a weird contest.

3 comments:

  1. This is kind of funny. I bet it is all of the change of hormones and your body adapting to the pregnancy. I have woken up from a dream before in a really weird funk because the dream just feels SO real. Hopefully your baby isn't a little Hispanic boy. If it is a little Hispanic girl, you could always go with DomingA :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's pretty funny! In all of my baby dreams the baby seems to be way older too, but apparently just born. So weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waking up in a panic is no way to start the day. I'm a big fan of being able to go back to sleep and get a dream re-do when I wake up like that. If all else fails, hit up Maury for a paternity test ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary