Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Best Buds

Cotton went to the breeder yesterday for a pre-show grooming session.  He got himself all trimmed up and ready for his show on Friday.

As his dog-mom, I thought he was cute enough before the grooming, just FYI.  But he does look pretty cute with his neck and ear hair all trimmed up.

Anyway... when Phil brought Cotton home in the afternoon, he was SO EXCITED to get back into the house that he leapt from the car before Phil could get the leash on him and then started running towards the front door.  Phil managed to grab him (so he couldn't decide to change his course and attempt a run around the front yard).

When Phil took too long to get his keys out and open the door, Cotton began to whine.  His impatience even made him bark, as if to say, "OPEN THE DOOR, DAD!"

The second the door was open, he jumped out of Phil's arms and ran straight to Taylor's crate, barking with excitement as he ran up the stairs.  Once Taylor heard her little brother coming, her tail started wagging hard enough to create a drum roll on the sides of her crate.

They played together pretty much the rest of the night.  It made working on Cotton's training a little bit of a challenge, but we managed to get it done.

They love each other.


Then Cotton came to bed with me last night and proceeded to be the most cuddling dog ever to roam the earth.  It was cute and sweet and warmed my heart.  Literally.  He's like a little hot water bottle.  Within an hour or so, I woke up sweating and completely unable to escape the covers.  And, of course, he wanted to lay RIGHT NEXT to me.

I appreciated the gesture and enjoyed our cuddle time.  I just also needed a fan.  :)

1 comment:

  1. The paragraph about him warming your heart cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary